Sunday, February 22, 2015

Author Panel


In November I finally got to meet an author that I adore because she beat me to it. I’ve always wanted to have my own book out and be one of the first Hmong Author to have their book out not just in the Hmong community but to be in mainstream. Sadly, I’m only a reader and not a writer. Maybe one day I will be good enough at writing and have my own book and be book touring with Lori M. Lee. I have lots of ideas!
The three Authors that came that evening to this cute tiny bookstore that is located under an urban looking cafe were Dawn Klehr, Lori M. Lee and Erica O'rourke, author of, The Cutting Room Floor, Gates of Thread and Stone and Dissonance. Yes, I was nervous because from the moment I found out about her and her book, she instantly became my idol! Yes, my hands were shaking just sitting there waiting for them to arrive. I’ve bought her books when it came out and read it and loved it.
I’ve tweeted,

“Reev makes me blush and Avan makes me smile.”

Because they do!

It was a great experience to be sitting there listening to all three authors talk and answer questions. After the Q&A I went up to Lori, yes I was very nervous and still shaking, and I know I was going to sound like a creepy fangirl. My niece went with me and after I had a short little conversation, took a picture and had her sign my book we left. Outside of the cafe my niece stopped and asked me if I said to Lori that I was obsessed with her. Of course I didn’t say that, I probably said I’m a huge fan… I’m sure I said “I’m obsessed with you” to her and made Lori feel uncomfortable, but I was nervous. I couldn’t remember what I talked to her about because I was being such a fangirl at the moment. I can’t blame myself. So, Lori if you’re reading this, “I’m sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I was just really happy and excited that one of us made it out there!” If that make sense.


She’s coming back this spring for the second book to Gates of Thread and Stone, which is, The Infinite and I will be seeing her again. This time I’ll make sure I won’t say, “I’m obsessed with you.” I’m just a really huge fan of yours!

Please don’t hide from me!

Avoir!


-maymay

P.S.
Do check out Lori M. Lee's first book, Gates of Thread and Stone Her second book, The Infinite will be coming out this March. 

No comments:

Post a Comment